Cocos2d-x Game Development Blueprints (2015)
- Cocos2d-x is a cross-platform, open source, 2D game engine written in C++.
- Cocos2d-x Game Development Blueprints is a book written to turn developers with intermediate knowledge of the Cocos2d-x engine into experts.
- The roughly 500 page book is composed of ten chapters, with the first nine chapters illustrating various game development concepts through a fully developed game in each chapter.
- The book concludes by teaching readers how to leverage the cross-platform capabilities of the engine by building their games for Android and Windows Phone 8 in the last chapter.
- Basic and advanced 2D physics using the open source Box2D physics engine.
- Procedural as well as editor based physics terrain generation.
- Data-driven as well as procedural level generation.
- Leveraging the mobile platform by using touch gestures and the accelerometer.
- Procedural graphics through primitive shape drawing as well as through OpenGL commands.
- Basic tile-based physics engine.
- Tile-based level generation using the Tiled Map Editor.
- HTML5 audio and local storage.